Friday, November 1, 2013

Introducing November Month of Manga

Long time followers of the blog probably remember that I usually have a really odd blogging schedule in November to make time for NaNoWriMo (since I calculated it out and an average month's worth of posts is somewhere between 25,000 and 50,000 words on it's own, good lord). I'm not doing NaNo this year, just too much stress in the rest of my life (hence the reason no posts on Wednesday and Thursday after all, sorry guys I just could not make them happen) to sit down and think about a story, but I'm still switching over to the weird schedule so I can focus on something a little different, just manga. On Monday we'll have reviews of more e-manga titles and Friday will be manga I'm currently reading which yes, does mean scanlations (what should have been today's review will be up tomorrow so I don't have to write two posts in one night). 

It's  funny looking at past years and seeing what I'm still reading, some stories I've fallen so behind on the official releases that I've sworn off the scans until I catch back up buying the series first, a few have finished, some have gone on hiatus (some on the scanlators side of things and some on the creator in Japan's side of things), and I've lost interest in others when they seemed to lose their purpose and I just didn't like them anymore. In some ways it's quite sad, it'll be a long time before I can catch back up buying them (to put it in perspective, I haven't been able to buy more than five new volumes of manga in over a year since I'm trying to save money so badly), others I wish I knew why they vanished off the face of the internet, and some I just feel sad when I remember how much I used to enjoy them and what they turned into. But that's not going to stop me from trying new things and telling other people about them, I'd be completely unsuited to be a reviewer if I was!