Saturday, October 29, 2011

Changing my schedule again

I know I know, I keep having to change when I update here but this time it should only be for November and things will go back to normal-ish for December. Basically there's two reasons for this, one I'm participating in NaNoWriMo again this year and, since I was writing reviews by this time last year, it's really hard to write 1600 words a day in a story plus a full review. By halfway through November last year I was burned out so I plan write some reviews during the month, save them as part of a backlog and then release them when I'm in exam week hell. And that's the second reason, this semester in school is turning out to be just as crazy and then some as I feared so I'm just having a hard time keeping up with all my school work (plus club work and work work) and write these reviews. That's partially where NaNo comes in, I need something to get my mind off of school and obsessing over writing a novel has worked pretty well in the past so I'm hoping it's going to work again, obsessing over writing a review sadly doesn't seem to do it.

So, here's what I'm going to do! I'll put up my last book review for a while later today as usual and then on Sundays I'll post anime reviews (since I still have four summer shows to write-up) and then on Wednesdays and Saturdays I'll post quick reviews (similar to what I did with webcomics back in March) about manga series I'm reading. There will be some unlicensed stuff, formerly licensed but now unlicensed stuff and stuff that is licensed but the US editions are literally years behind and I don't want to go cold turkey and wait three or four years for the next chapter. I don't talk about manga as much as I like to here, mostly because I'm in the middle of a lot of series, so this should be fun for me.

A quick warning though, at this point I have no idea what my schedule for December looks like but updates are likely to be erratic then as well. I think I have actual paper exams in all five of my classes and big projects in at least three of them as well (one of which is already freaking me out a month and a half in advance, yeaaaah) and I already know I'm going to be traveling in December/January. I'll try to get a good backlog of reviews written so I can just post them when I need them. Really wish I could have a more stable schedule but hopefully whatever I review will still be interesting regardless of when it goes up.